Improvement of water public utilities and environmental conservation
Not only advocating economical consumption of water, but also sharing water management knowhow with communities for their access to clean water sources and self reliance.
Basic Infrastructure development is prerequisite to long term well-being development. By emphasizing the water system as a fundamental aspect of rural development which is based on agriculture, it reflects our determination in this issue through remarkable activities and projects as followings:
1. Rural pipeline system project The project has been initiated since 2009 after observing rural community’s need and currently situated water supply systems in villages. Bringing into data analysis and implementation, the project includes training community’s committee to fix, maintain, or improve water production system and quality of water, and also teaching about water management, budget, and business management principles. The project is for community to manage water supply system with efficiency and less reliance on the government.
Achievements and lessons
- In 2009-2010, the company improved water supply system for 8 villages in 3 sub-districts and trained 17 Sub-district Administrative Organizations in 3 provinces (Rayong, Chonburi, Chachoengsao).
- In 2011, the company proceeded improving water supply system for 2 villages in Rayong: Sixth village, Maenamkoo sub-district, and seventh village, Nong Ralog sub-district. They are consisted of 536 households.
- In 2012, the company improved water supply system for 8 villages including 1, 2, 5, 6 village, Vangjan sub-district, Vanjan district,Rayong and 2,3 village, Klong Kleon sub-district, Klong Kleon district, Chachoengsao. They are consisted of 841 households.
- In 2013, the Company has improved 2 water supply systems, which are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th villages, Nong Rai sub-district, Pluakdang district, Rayong and 1st – 8th villages, Payubnai sub-district, Wangchan district, Rayong.
- In 2014, the Company has provided training for the community’s committee in 1st – 8th villages, Payubnai sub-district.
Currently, such programs can help communities access to clean water, more than 313 million liters / year, or 5,731 households.
2. Clean drinking water for community can be divided as follows:
- Mobile drinking water in OR system It has begin serviced since 2000. There are three buses servicing clean drinking water servicing in communities’ public activities for example Mobile Province, Mobile Provincial Administration Organization, activities and annual traditional festival and assistance for victims in several places.
- Clean drinking water containing in the bottle and glass by supporting public activities and helping victims in several areas.
- Drinking water machine in RO system donating for community, school and organization in the areas when we were connected.
- Pipe for untreated water for communication and government agencies in the area without charges. There are three service places as follow:
1. Mab Kah untreated water station at Mab Kah sub-district, Nikmaphatthana district, Rayong
2. Dok Krai reservoir pumping station at Mai Nam Koo sub-district, Pluak Daeng district, Rayong
3. Pump pressure added station Mai Nam Koo sub-district, Pluak Daeng district, Rayong
4. Map Ta Phut pump station, 477 Sukhumvit Rd, Huai Pong sub-district, Muang district, Rayong
5. Khlong Khuan pump station, Khlong Khuan sub-district, Khlong Khuan district, Chachoengsao
6. at Bang Pra, Nong Pralai station, Laharn Subdistrict Administrative Organization, Pluakdaeng District, Rayong
3. Supporting the Royal Artificial Rain Project Realizing significance in cooperation to prevent and solve drought as well as water management for adequate usage in the country thus we support the revenue for Bureau of the Royal Personal Works Division, Royal Household in order to support special Royal Artificial Rain project continuously, which used in several activities for instance expending for chemical in the implementation of Royal Artificial Rain project; fuel costs; the construction in Royal Artificial Rain mission; agricultural aviation including activities relevant to artificial rain missions and agricultural aviation for benefiting people in drought area. Supporting for the Royal Artificial Rain project is benefit for an agriculture sector and industrial sector. Agriculturists have better quality of life and can harvest more production. In addition, the industrial estates have sufficient clean drinking water. Moreover, it benefits for pushing the saltwater out of the Bang Pakong River. Supporting for the Royal Artificial Rain projects also create moisture for the Western Forest and can decrease wildfire. (The project ended)
4. Wastewater treatment in the school cafeteria project This project is developed from the Water Conservation Officers Youth Camp which established from the idea that nowadays community, residence and school are the places that cause pollution as small industry. Because they uses clean water and release plenty of sewage into natural water without a primary wastewater treatment process. That cause polluted water and low quality of water. Consequently, East Water cooperate with the Office of Natural Resources and Environment in Chachoengsao, which has specialization and great experience in household wastewater, in order to create the Wastewater treatment in the school cafeteria project. The process begins with build and installs grease traps in cafeterias and use treated water for watering plants and herbs which was planted by students who follow the Sufficient Economy idea in 3R Water Management (Reduce-Reuse-Recycle). Apart from encouraging the school to use less water and save water resource by reuse and recycle, the Company expects to create good relationship with the communities that are educational institution. The goal is to make the schools that participate in the project become the model of school with standard water treatment system in canteen. From 2010 to 2015, 241 water treatment systems in canteen have been improved.Currently the company has cooperated with 7 Primary Educational Service Areas of 3 provinces (Rayong, Chonburi and Chachoengsao) to conduct the wastewater treatment in school cafeteria model project. Project evaluation seminar is underway.
5. Water resource and environment restoration project is changed to natural and water resources restoration project. For more than 23 years East Water is aware of value of natural resources, especially water resource which is the key element of the business of the Company. We have been participated in the forest preservation in the transitional area among 5 eastern provinces (Rayong , Chonburi, Sakaew, Pracheenburi, Chachoengsao). The area is recognized as the upstream of many rivers that are important for the development of eastern Thailand and can be compared as blood veins that nourish lives and communities in eastern Thailand (Bangpakong River , Pracheenburi River , Chantaburi River , Prasae River and Klong Tanod). which are the reservoirs in Rayong, Chonburi and Chachoengsao, consisted of Dok Krai reservoir, Nongplalai reservoir, Klong Yai reservoir, Bangphra reservoir as well as other canals and Bangpakong River, etc. on order to lighten the government duties on water resource preservation, such as reforestation and releasing water animal back to water resource in order to restore the fertility and maintain ecosystem. In the year 2015 the company has arranged the afforestation and planted 50,000 trees to celebrate the 60the Anniversary of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. The company also participated with joint areas of 5 provinces in the East to build the check dam at Ban Ang Krapong.
6. East Water Water Conservation Project In the year 2008 – 2013 the company has arranged the East Water Young Leader Camp and cooperated with the operational areas of Primary Educational Service (Chachoengsao, Chonburi and Rayong) in selecting schools to join the camp. The campaign aims to teach youths about the importance of water and realize the problem about water resources in order to conserve water and have adequate water to use in the future. As a result of the project till year 2013, there were 479 schools (205 schools in Rayong, 122 schools in Chonburi and 125 schools in Chachoengsao) that joined the East Water Young Leader Camp. Consequently the company has developed the Wastewater Treatment in the School Cafeteria Project in 2011 in cooperation with the Office of Natural Resources and Environment in Chachoengsao and the operational areas of Primary Educational Service (Chachoengsao, Chonburi and Rayong) to build awareness and make schools that joined the project install grease traps in cafeterias to reduce the polluted water and for good health. There are 243 schools (83 schools in Chachoengsao, 70 schools in Chonburi and 90 schools in Rayong) that already joined the project. The company also cooperated with Center for Water Quality Control and Testing (Pluak Daeng, Rayong), Pluak Daeng Pittayakhom School (Tambon Pluak Daeng, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), Ban Pak Praek School (Tambon Lahan, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), Nikhom 8 School (Tambon Mae Nam Khu, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), Mab Yang Poll School (Tambon Mab Yang Poll, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), Eastern Sugar and Cane Community School (Tambon Ta Sit, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), Ban Klong Pa Mai School (Tambon Kra Sae Bon, Amphoe Klang, Rayong) and Office of Natural Resources and Environment in Rayong to conduct the Water Quality Control and Testing Project for water resources of the company in order to observe the problem and consequence of water environment including the test of water quality in 4 dams (Dok Krai Dam, Nong Pla Lai Dam, Klong Yai Dam and Pra Sae Dam). The project also aims to teach youths and community to cherish and conserve water resources. In addition the company joined the membership of Save Environment Club of Chachoengsao that have participating members from government sectors, private sectors, community leaders and non-organizations in the area especially the Environmental Warrior/Water Detectives Group. The Environmental Warrior/Water Detectives Group is the youth group from 20 schools who strongly joined to control and test the water quality in Chachoengsao area. They also continuously arranged the natural resources and environmental conservation activity.
In the year 2014 the company joined the Environmental Warrior/Water Detectives Group and Center for Water Quality Control and Testing, Pluak Daeng, Rayong to arrange the East Water Water Conservation Project which aims to build mutual cooperation and to exchange knowledge and experience in controlling water quality of the two groups. The project also helps build scientific skills for youth and teach them to cherish and see the importance of water to keep their water resources sustainable. The 80 participating target groups are classified as: 30 from Phuttirangsipibul School (Tambon Lad Kwang, Amphoe Ban Pho, Chachoengsao), 10 from Pluak Daeng Pittayakhom School (Tambon Pluak Daeng, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), 6 from Ban Pak Praek School (Tambon Lahan, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), 6 Nikhom 8 School (Tambon Mae Nam Khu, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), 6 from Mab Yang Poll School (Tambon Mab Yang Poll, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), 6 from Eastern Sugar and Cane Community School (Tambon Ta Sit, Amphoe Pluak Daeng, Rayong), 6 from Ban Klong Pa Mai School (Tambon Kra Sae Bon, Amphoe Klang, Rayong), 5 from Panit Witthaya School (Tambon Bang Krut, Amphoe Ban Pho, Chachoengsao), and 5 from Witthaya Ratrangsan School (Tambon Ban Pho, Amphoe Ban Pho, Chachoengsao). The group activities are 1. East Water Young Leader Camp 2.Testing of Water Quality of the two groups.